Saturday, September 10, 2011

Patience can be a rough road

This is my first blog post ever. My name is Kyle T. Call me what you will, I don't mind as long as its not too vulgar. I'm a 17 year old boy who is VERY busy with debate, possible college prep, speech, working on cars, guitar, and writing on the blog. I have earned a prospective on life through so much research, experience, and of course, book work. Academia was never my strong suit though, in fact, I do a big part of my learning online, and through experience. One of the best things that could have happened to me was having the parents, and the imagination that God has blessed me with. In life there is only one thing I have ever wanted, that God has not seen fit to bless me with yet, not including the 1967 Ford Shelby mustang. But I know its coming.

Psalms 37:4 “Delight thyself also in the LORD and He shall give you the desires of your heart.”
There are several bible verse like this, and I attribute all of what I have, to God. Am I saying I’m perfect, or that I never sin? Absolutely not! Those of you who know me well enough on your own time will know some of the sins and temptations that I fight on a regular basis. What I am saying is that I put my trust in God, I work for Him to get what I desire. He has to lead my life in all I do or it is all for not.

One of the challenges I personally face is Patience. I can't stand to wait for anything. I hate just sitting still when there is something I want to do, or that I just want and that I know I can achieve. However, God's timing is always ALWAYS right, no matter what. I don't think I would have been ready for the blessing of my truck when I was 5 years old, and apparently God didn't either. I may not always agree with God, but I do still listen to Him. The two biggest things I have absolutely no patience for are stupid people, and waiting for the right girl to come along. I normally don't go broadcasting this, but to kind of give you a feel for what I say, and when I talk about the “relationship” stuff , you kind of need to know this. I have never in my life had an official relationship with any girl, other then friend. I came kind of close once, but it wasn't meant to be, and I was not ready for it at all. However, for some strange reason, people come to me for relationship advice, and (not to brag) I have actually helped 5 guys get girls they liked, and I have predicted several relationships, even when people swore up and down it wasn't going to happen. I have basically come to the conclusion that, I'm not going to force it, obviously I can't, and that it will happen when it is time. Though sometimes it feels like it will never happen.

Patience comes into play again in my guitar playing/learning. In April of this year I sold my moms old acoustic guitar from when she tried to learn to play (she sold mine a few years ago and told me I could buy a guitar using that money because the one she had was a walmart guitar.), and in May or June I got an electric guitar! I.Was.Pumped. I loved playing my guitar. I took/take lessons from a good friend of mine, he and I are working on some stuff to play for people/youtube etc. But I am learned patience inside of learning! You can't just pick up a guitar and shred like a pro. It takes hours and hours of playing and practicing to become really really good, which I'm not yet. I was fortunate enough to take on to it pretty quick though, and I gained a passion for it. But I wanted to play songs, and write songs. And I did that, but I soon found out again, it takes LOTS of practice to be able to play.


A friend of mine (We will call him Tom) found out about patience too. His learning was stepped up by, a few hundred feet. He's my age, never had a girlfriend or anything either, but was always comfortable around girls, talked to them a lot and stuff. He has normal teenager stuff going on, school, work, cars. But his family was going through a financially rough time, and an emotional one too. One day he was driving to work with his dad and his dad looked at him and said “Things aren't going well at home. Your mothers yelling a lot, and its just not good. How would you cope if your mother and I split up.” This almost threw Tom into a state of shock. He had kinda seen it coming, but had hopped it wouldn't happen, and didn't believe it would. But it did for a while. Tom and his mom spent two weeks explaining, begging and praying that his dad would stay. A couple of times at the end, Tom got so mad he just looked at his dad and said “If your not even willing to try, then just leave just get away from here, GO AWAY!”

And he did... For about a month he said the marriage was over. Tom's mom stood her ground and she prayed daily that he would come back. Their financial situation didn’t improve, in fact it got worse. Tom started looking into full time jobs, as did his mom. Nothing would work though. In that time, Tom got thrown into the position of “man of the house” and did his best, but he failed. He was unable to do everything his father could. He became a man for a month you could say, because on his birthday, his dad came home. Since then his dad promised to stay and never leave. Through all the pain, and the tears, all the anger, and the rage, Tom trusted in God and was patient. He knew God would take care of them, and that he needed to trust in God.

A lot has happened since that day. Tom didn't stop being a man when his dad came home, he just moved into being a man stating into a good life. Tom has a LOT on his plate and I pray for him daily. All of his friends do. He still fights the pain, and anger, and sometimes his dad too, but learning takes time as does healing. That entire fiasco taught him three main things. One, NEVER leave your family for any reason. Once you're in a marriage stick with it. Two, trust in God no matter what. After all, the darkest part of the night, is just before the dawn. Three, its time to make your own shoes. In trying to be the man, or a better man then his father was, he found that he needed to make his own shoes, especially since his dad is home. It's his time to step up, and out and become a man for God, and less of a boy for himself.

As we can see, patience is in all part of life. Our job, is to trust in God and wait on Him. His timing is perfect. Thanks for reading, and I will try to update a new blog soon.

6 comments:

  1. very cool kyle!!! its awesome to see what god is doing in your life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere Kyle! I look forward to more posts. :) may I put a link to your blog on mine? Mine is... http://beekeeperontheloose.wordpress.com/
    check it out and let me know if that is okay.
    God bless!

    ~ Nathan E.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was awesome. Good job dude :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. one suggestion. Put some photos in the post to brake up the text. It helps keep people reading when the posts are as long as this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. (This is Kyle)
    @Nathan: I would be honored. May a put a link to your blog on mine?

    Thanks for the complements guys and gals, and thanks for the suggestion(s). :)

    ReplyDelete